UNIPV International Scholarships for Developing Countries
UNIPV International Scholarships for Developing Countries Deadline: 30 May 2011
Study in: Italy
Course starts Sept 2011
The University of Pavia (UNIPV), in order to promote international cooperation with the Developing Countries, offers 51 monthly instalments of 1.000 Euros each as scholarships to study at the University of Pavia or at the Institute for Advanced Study of Pavia (IUSS) during the academic year 2011-2012.
University of Pavia or the Institute for Advanced Study of Pavia (IUSS), Italy
Field(s) of study:
Masters Degree offered at University of Pavia
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarships are targeted to students coming from a developing country or low-income countries.
The University of Pavia will:
• send a prepaid travel ticket to Italy and provide for the travel expenses back to the developing country. Visa requirements will be care of the candidate, and will be reimbursed upon presentation of appropriate receipts;
• provide the candidate with the scholarship according to the final decision of the Commission: monthly instalments of 1.000 Euros each (the number of instalments assigned to each successful candidate will be decided by the Commission);
• arrange an accommodation in one of the University Residences of Pavia (lodging expenses will have to be paid by the candidate; if the candidate does not accept the proposed lodging, s/he will have to find another one by him/herself);
• provide a card for meals at University canteens (the candidate will get the student discount for the meals, which will be at his/her expense);
• guarantee all the facilities required during the period of residence – libraries, computer facilities, etc., including all the services of the Faculty which the student is associated with;
• help the candidate to settle through the services offered for free by the Welcome Point of the University of Pavia, which will provide also the information about applying for a student residence permit.
• Only students born on/after the 1st January 1976 can participate.
• Must come from a Developing Country (preferably from Countries classified as Low-income economies and Lower-middle-income economies by the World Bank)
Interested candidates must submit the application form (available on the website of UNIPV) which has to include:
• a complete application form with all the requested personal and academic data, the exact name of the selected course degree and of the Faculty at the University of Pavia or at IUSS;
• a curriculum vitae (European format: available on this Web page);
• a programme of studies and/or research activities which the candidate intends to implement during his/her stay in Pavia;
• a recent letter of reference signed by a university professor;
• a recent health certificate attesting that the applicant is not suffering from physical or mental illnesses;
• a photocopy of a valid passport of the applicant.
Applications must arrive both by mail and by e-mail (just one PDF file by email) by 12.00 pm of the 30 May 2011. It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Official Scholarship Website: http://www.unipv.eu/on-line/en/Home/InternationalRelations/InternationalActivities/FundforCooperationKnowledge.html
Call for Applications: http://www-3.unipv.it/iuss/cdn/userfiles/file/Fondo%20C&C%20-%20bando%20in%20-%202011-2012.pdf
Copyright : http://www.scholars4dev.com