Kenyan leader names additional cabinet secretaries
President Uhuru Kenyatta on Thursday announced the names of an additional 12 cabinet secretaries bringing the number to sixteen out of the eighteen who will make up the cabinet.President Kenyatta promised to announce the two remaining cabinet secretaries at a later date.
The 16 Cabinet Secretaries are as follows:
1. Mr. Henry Rotich: the Macroeconomics head at the Ministry of Finance was named the Cabinet Secretary for the National Treasury.
2. Dr. Fred Matiangi: The current Chief of Party of the Parliamentary Strengthening Project run by the State University of New York (Suny) was nominated as the Cabinet Secretary for Information, Communication and Technology (ICT).
3. Mr. James Wainaina Macharia: Was picked from NIC Bank, where he was the managing director, and nominated Cabinet Secretary for Health.
4. Ms. Amina Mohamed: An assistant secretary-general at the United Nations and UNEP’s deputy executive director was nominated Cabinet Secretary for Foreign Affairs.
5. Mrs Pyhliss Kandie: Cabinet Secretary for East African Affairs, Commerce and Tourism.
6. Prof. Jacob Kaimenyi: Cabinet Secretary Education.
7. Ambassador Rachel Omamo: Cabinet Secretary Defence.
8. Adan Mohammed: Cabinet Secretary- Industrialization.
9. Prof Judy Wakhungu – Ministry of Environment, Water and Natural Resources.
10. Davis Chirchir: Cabinet Secretary Energy and Petroleum.
11. Felix Kosgey: Cabinet Secretary Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries
12.Dr. Hassan Wario – Ministry of Sports, Culture and Arts.
13. Hon. Najib Balala – Ministry of Mining.
14. Hon Charity Ngilu – Ministry of Lands, Housing and Urban Development.
15. Miss. Ann Waiguru – Ministry of Devolution and Planning
16. Eng. Micheal S. Kamau – Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure
1. Francis Kimemia – Secretary to the Cabinet
2. Lwarence Lenayapa – Controller of State House