Our today’s legend is no other than the one and only ABEDI PELE.
Abedi Ayew was born 5 November 1964, known professionally as Abedi Pele, is a retired Ghanaian footballer who played as an attacking midfielder, and who served as captain of the Ghana national team. He is regarded as one of the greatest African footballers of all time.
Abedi Pele is one of the great ambassadors of African football in Europe and the World. One of the first great African players to make an impact on European football, he played for teams in Switzerland, Germany, Italy and most famously France where he helped Marseille win the 1993 UEFA Champion’s League.
Abedi holds the CAF Cup as the player who has been at the Nations Cup Finals more than any other on the continent. He made his first appearance at the 13th Nations Cup Finals in Libya in 1982 and for the next 16 years (ending at the 21st Finals in Burkina) continued to grace the most prestigious football fiesta on the continent, first as a member of Ghana’s squad rising to become captain in 1990, as captain.
Quick Pele Informations
- 67 international caps for Ghana
- 50 Bundesliga appearances and two goals (1860 München)
- 1992/1993 Champions League winner (Olympique Marseille)
- African Player of the Year (1991, 1992 and 1993)
- And last but not Least, here is out star of the day set of skills and goals just for you